Tuesday, March 3, 2015

This Week Was Great!

March 2, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

Mission President Letter
Essa semana foi ótima! Jarbes estava na Igreja e está fazendo passos essenciais para tornar um membro fiel. A gente vai trabalhar bem esta semana que vem para achar novos pesquisadores.

Google Translation

This week was great! Jarbes was in church and making essential steps to become a faithful member. We will work well this week to find new investigators.

Thanks so much for the recipe! A sister here is going to try and make some. I think we can substitute for the ingredients that fault.

Well, I didn't get into BYU, but that's okay. Life is full of little disappointments. But at least I made it into Idaho. Maybe the Lord has another plan for me there.  Maybe they'll let me into Clown College like DJ in Full House. Or maybe I'll apply somewhere else! I've thought about Weber State or U of U and also, University of Oregon. Or maybe I'll just be a beach bummm....?...do you think I could grow dreadlocks? Or maybe I'll be a professional surfer for a living? It's a good thing you sent those mint Oreos. I'll be relying on their comforting powers during this interesting time. Haha, no one can frown with Oreos in their mouth! :)

Unfortunately, I have still not found a Nativity. I have tried but they only have statues of Maria. Fetching Catholics...But I'll look some more.

Dudes. I've turned into a genuine hippie! When I get home to Oregon, I'll fit right in. I've started using Vegetable-Based soap! I think it's Biodegradable, but I don't know yet.

It's interesting you shared that experience with me. Something similar happened. President Young came to the Cariacica Fast and Testimony meeting and he shared the experience he had of interviewing Joaquim. He also said that he visited recently with a Seventy and showed him a picture of the Legend Joaquim. He expressed his gratitude to me and another missionary. It was really weird. I would have preferred he didn't use my name. John 5:41 "I receive not honor from men.This is one of my favorite scriptures, so short and yet so true. Jesus Christ taught so well. There really was never a better teacher. And we learn much about Him and His Teaching Styles in The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ.

Guys, there's no point hiding how I feel. I am so HAPPY! :) "A mission is a trial and a test...it shows you the worst, yet, teaches you the best...", as Sister Tenney once taught me.

I really miss President Bell. I will never have a President who is equal to him. That might sound harsh. There might be many good men who are as righteous or just as him. But none will ever be the same.

Guys, "I have moved, and I've kept on movin'. Proved the points that I needed provin'. Lost the 'Friends' that I needed losin'. Found others on the way." I will be so different when we reunite. My goal has been and forever will be for you to not even recognize me when we are brought face to face. The nose might be the same, perhaps even the eyes, and crooked ears. But You will see something new.  If I saw myself through your eyes, perhaps I would be more generous.  I am glad the VHS brought you back in time.

"And remember the truth that once was spoken: 'To Love another person is to see the face of God.'"

Apologize for the literal application:
"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as
for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:15

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom you will serve, whether the "glory of men" which your Zone Leaders served that were on the other side of the mountains, or the Assistants to the President in whose mission you dwell. But as for me and my District, we will serve The Lord.

We use Preach My Gospel.

I Love You All,


Élder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment