Saturday, July 6, 2013

I Got My Reassignment Today!


Wichita, Kansas

July 5, 2013

To: Mommy, Daddy, Ashley, Allison, Irmaos, Irmas, Cousins, Friends, Romans, Countrymen, 

Lend Me Your Ears!

I GOT MY REASSIGNMENT TODAY! I have been called to serve in the KANSAS WICHITA MISSION until I receive permission to enter the country of Brazil! It is one of the 58 new missions that were announced. Elder Willett and I both got reassigned to this part of our beautiful world! The two of us will leave on Tuesday the 9th of July! We will wake up at 2.30 AM for our flight to Denver. Family, I am allowed to call you before or in between flights. I will leave Salt Lake City at 6 AM to connect to Denver. My next flight will at 8.16 AM to Wichita. (I believe these times are all according to Mountain Daylight Time, but I am not sure! My travel plans do not specify.) So! Family, If you wish to speak with me I will plan on calling the house around 7 or 8 ish your time in the morning. I hope that works? Thank You for all you do!  Eu AMO vos, Muito!

This week has been great! I got to Skype Anita (one of the investigators Irma Tirrell portrayed) in Brazil last Friday! It was so nice to meet the real Anita and speak with her in Portuguese about her testimony and how she came to knowledge of This Truth. It was the last lesson I taught with Elder Cervantes. I Love my first companion so much. I know he is doing incredible things in Denver!

Since my companion left this week, I was assigned to a new companion, Elder Whittaker! Elder Whittaker used to be my Zone Leader with Elder Hamrick, and he's someone I look up to very much! He was originally assigned to serve in Angola, but he stayed here 2 extra weeks waiting for his Visa. He received his travel plans today and he will be going to New York to meet a consulate that will approve his Visa. Hopefully he can be in Angola within 2 weeks!

The rest of the District: Elders Reinhardt and McKnight get to be Cary Grant in North By Northwest as they serve in South Dakota, Rapid City! Elder Capawana has been called to serve in Minnesota Minneapolis! (Maybe he'll get to convert Adam Young of Owl City! :) And Elder Knudson will serve in Texas, Houston East! (Maybe he'll convert George Strait!) I am so happy for all of them!

Yesterday was 4th of July (as I'm sure you know). There was a special holiday Devotional. We got to watch 17 Miracles! I am always astounded by the efforts the Pioneers made on our behalf. They were truly converted and recognized that the Gospel is worth every sacrifice. I Love the example of Levi Savage. Like Albert, I too hope to one day be, "Superb!" I am looking forward to being a Pioneer in Wichita and Brazil as I have the opportunity to help the Lord's children come unto Christ. After that, we got to watch the Stadium of Fire at BYU from the MTC (I had never heard of this before, but apparently it's a big deal.)

This P Day has been so great! As the scripture says my joy is full even to overflowing. I Love This Work!

Thank you, to all who have sent me letters, Dear Elders, Packages, and emails. Most of them had very timely arrivals. I Love You, and I invite you to come unto Christ and partake of the ordinances of salvation.

When I read that I will be serving in Kansas, the words of this song by The Mormon Tabernacle Choir came to mind,
"In the quiet misty morning when the moon has gone to bed,
When the sparrows stop their signing and the sky is clear and red.
When the summer's ceased it’s gleaming,
When the corn is passed its prime,
When Adventure's Lost It’s Meaning,
I'll Be Homeward Bound In Time.
Bind me not to the pasture.
Chain me not to the plow.
Set me free to find my calling,
And I'll return to you somehow."

I look forward to finding God's children that has called me to seek and inviting them to return with me to all of the family of Adam at our Heavenly Home, when we are Homeward Bound again.

Eu Amo Voces!

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment