Tuesday, July 30, 2013

2013-July-29: We Had A Baptism Last Saturday


Ola Minha Mae!

I am so happy to hear from you all! Elder Holbrook and I do not attend Ward Council (bummer!), but our Ward Mission Leader Brother Gonda reports the Missionary Work to the Ward Council. I am glad to hear that you are seeking revelation in The House of the Lord. The Robertson’s will be greatly missed, but they've got good things ahead of them. I am so glad to hear that you and Debbie and Danielle could party. I Love Them so much. I hope Danielle got my letter. And in response to your question, I LOVE PRESIDENT AND SISTER BELL! They are angels sent to us missionaries. I see them quite a bit since they live in our ward and the mission office is in the building I meet in on Sundays. He said, "I've been praying to delay your Visas because I want you all to stay here!" I hope he meant that jokingly. The missionaries and senior office Elders and Sisters are way nice.
Elder Weaver & Elder Holbrook
 So, to fill you in: We had a baptism last Saturday. Yay! For Gabby. (I hope you are getting my pictures please tell me if you are not.) 
Sisters McKay, Christenot, Tenney, Gabby, Elder Holbrook and Elder Weaver
In this picture are Elder Holbrook and I, Gabby, Sisters McKay, Christenot, and Tenney. 
I have oven mitts on in that one picture because we had to boil water all day to get the font warm enough since the water heater is semi-broken (President Bell said he'll get that fixed). Gabby is so nice and she definitely has a strong testimony. She is from Peru and hopefully we can teach some of her family who live here in Wichita. 
Also, earlier this month, Elder Holbrook's family sent me a care package. We have been continuing to teach Sister Harris, but her kids do not want her to get baptized. She has a testimony, but she wants her children's blessing. We are still working with her. Boney is going to take some time this month away from us so he can pray about whether or not he should be baptized. We will continue to pray for him.

I Love You all so much!

Eu continuo vivando o evangelho. Eu espero eu sou todas que eu posso ser. Eu continuo practicar Portugues.

Com Amor,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment