Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I Am In Rio de Janeiro!!!

Some peeps from the Ward.
March 23, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

So Robson will probably be baptized this week and André and Laisa perhaps the following week.

I am in Rio de Janeiro!!! (The state, not the city.) In a ward called Turf. The members are super cooool. The first day we got here our Ward Mission Leader, Walter, gave us a ride around town, and showed us the streets. It is suuuuuuuuper flat. Which is way different from Espírito Santo. I feel like I am in Kansas again. It is so weird to not have hills. My companion's name is Elder Couto. He is actually from Colatina.....the same Colatina where I served. Crazy world, huh? What happened is he was serving in São Paulo Sul when we got sick and had to come home. President Young talked with the Area Seventy (Elder CRM Costa) and got him re-assigned to the Vitória mission for now. I am sort of on a special assignment right now...I"ll tell you about it at home (you guys must not like it when I say that, sorry, haha!)

School. Sure. Do whatever you think is best. But I do not want to go to Mtn Lofts if the only reason you are putting me there is Jake and Michael. As much as I Love them, I would like to go wherever YOU think is best independent of who lives there or not. Also, I prefer to room with returned missionaries, ones I don't know. But whatever works. Yes, sure. Do the track thingy, please. Thanks so much.

I appreciate you preparing all of these things for me.

I'll pray for you. I hope you get a job in the elementary again. They always like you there.

L. Tom Perry?!  That's so cool!

May 10th sounds good. Because the first Sunday I get home will be Fast and Testimony meeting I think.

YES, MOM! I was actually singing that song the other day! "It was Captain Kellie in his short-top Wellies in the middle of summertime! He was looking fine! His pants had holes in the knees he was proud as ya please with his ole wellies he keep strolling along!...He was poor but he had style, he made EVERYBODY smile...he wore his ole wellies...like he had nothing to lose! Bahahahaha! I forgot about that one. Yeah, Jake showed it too me.

Yes, I haven't seen it yet, but we got the pass-along cards in Portuguese already. I'll have to watch meet the Mormons with you when I get home. I can't wait. I am so glad to be a missionary.

Thanks for that quote. Today, I read a talk from Elder Richard G. Scott. Said he, "If you are a young man of appropriate age and are not married, don’t waste time in idle pursuits. Get on with life and focus on getting married. Don’t just coast through this period of life. Young men, serve a worthy mission. Then make your highest priority finding a worthy, eternal companion."

Rapaz! Eu sei o que eu tenho que fazer quando eu voltar pra casa!

Translation: Boy! I know what I have to do when I come home!

Hahahaha.

Love,


Élder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment