Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dear Family & Friends,

I do appreciate all of the emails, yes. :) I am glad you got to celebrate Grandpa Wright's birthday. No, I can't believe it, ha ha. I hope Chad is doing swell. I've been working on letters to you and everyone, but I am still figuring out how to mail them, so they'll either get sent today or next P-Day.

Nope, my companion is still the same one I have had, Elder Alexandrino from Fortaleza, Brasil, but Elder Reinhardt was in a trio with us for a little bit because his companion got emergency transferred. How it works in Brazil is 2 companionships usually live in the same house to save on costs. And right now, I live with Elder Reinhardt and his new companion Elder Nielson but we are not companions right now.

THAT STORY IS SO COOL! Oh. I am so happy to hear about that! I was talking to Elder Quiroz this week, and he told me you can look up the patriarchal blessings of your ancestors on Family Search, so I have been doing that. It is so cool! That is a splendid goal!
Ha ha, here in Brasil...in the front of our missionary planners they offer finding ideas and my companion, when I got here, told me to put a big X through the family history idea. Not because it is a bad idea, but because it scares people here to death. A lot of the time people aren't married, and so they don't want to find out where they came from. It's just a cultural thing, but my companion said he wants to look through Family Search to see if there were any other members in his family because he was baptized when he was 14.

Your comments remind me of something President Uchtdorf said, "Even Moroni, in the twilight of the Nephite nation, believed in Hope!" Oh! If you want a good laugh, listen to the talk, "Come What May And Love It." Elder Wirthlin shares a hilarious story about his daughter and a date she went on. It's hilarious. I won't try to paraphrase it because I won't do it justice.
Your comments remind me of something. Often we do get "too busy" for others. I think catching up with others who have touched our lives and helped us is one way that we show them and Our Father in Heaven that we appreciate, honor, and most importantly, Love them.

I have so many stories to share with you. Here is one of them: Elder Quiroz, and later my companion Elder Alexandrino gave me some good advice. Many people here in the mission were telling me to forget about my mission in the U.S. because Now my "real" mission has "started." What these two servants of the Lord told me was, "Don't Forget Kansas. But just try to apply what you learned there here in Brasil." I will never forget that.

I hope I can apply THAT to Brasil. We may not have baptized much in the U.S., but I hope to develop at least half of the character of the people I met in Kansas, here in Brasil.

I hope you all know how much I Love you. And how much I can see each of us growing. "...The stronger the Trees."

Eu Te Amo, Para Sempre, e Nas Eternidades,

(Google Translation)

I Love You Forever, and in the Eternities,


Élder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment