Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My Birthday Was Awesome!

February 10, 2014

Dear Family & Friends,

Yes! The birthday was awesome! Probably better than I was expecting. In our District, Sister Piris celebrated a birthday this week, too (the 8th, so I'm older). I thought everyone forgot, but after our District Meeting on Thursday my companion led me into the primary room and everyone else was there with balloons, cake, candy and soda. The Elders all gave me a new tie, too :) I was definitely surprised. I don't know how they pulled it off because Elder Alexandrino must have made phone calls and I'm with him all the time so I should have overheard, but then again, I'm still learning português, haha. I hope Allison had her best birthday yet! :)

That is crazy to hear about all of the storms! Especially when the weather is so drastically different here, haha! I do remember the Rutherford name. I am saddened to hear of her passing.

Thank you for that quote. I will try to grow where I currently serve. I am also looking forward to studying the life of Joseph Fielding Smith. I hope you all don't mind receiving my updates in Portuguese. I just copy them from my letter to President usually, so I hope Google Translate does a decent enough job for all of you. If you want I can start doing it in english, too. I will, I Love Allison.

I read something neat in The Book of Mormon today: "And it came to pass when Alma had heard these words he awrote them down that he might have them, and that he might judge the people of that church according to the commandments of God." Mosiah 26:33.  Even Alma a prophet writes things down to remember them. I am going to set a goal to write down more impressions and experiences so he doesn't forget them. I Love You All. I'll never forget all of you. You are here with me in Brasil.

Love,


Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment