Tuesday, April 29, 2014

This Week We Found Wiliane

April 28, 2014

Dear Family & Friends,

The Report to President:
Esta semana nós encontramos Wiliane. Ela estava na Igreja ontem e quer ser batizada! Vamos ensinar ela a resta e convidar para a entrevista! Vamos visitar Deborah hoje. Eu amo meu companheiro. Ele é muito bom! Obrigado por tudo!

(Google Translation)

This week we found Wiliane. She was in church yesterday and wants to be baptized! We will teach her ​​the remaining discussions and invite to the interview! Deborah will visit today. I love my companion. He is very good! Thanks for everything!

Wiliane is amazing. She wants to be baptized so bad! And she is a good friend with our other recent convert Lorrainy.

Mother's Day here is Sunday the 11th. I don't know if it is celebrated different there? But that is when we're permitted to call. President hasn't returned my calls but I promise I will get an answer this week and tell you the next P-Day before Mother's Day! :)

I'm glad to hear you all were able to help out at the soup kitchen. Awwww. I'm sorry to hear about Allison's phone! That's okay those things can be replaced. I was thinking about Dad yesterday, too. Especially all of the support he received from Bishop Jackson and President Wilder. I look forward to the day when I can report to them again. We are blessed to have such inspired men as our leaders. Interestingly enough, I will return on the 5th of May. We don't know why all of these things happen, but it is ALWAYS for our good. And I can't wait till Dad and I can go camping again. Thanks for sending me that one hymn: "When Faith Endures". It helped me greatly. Here are the rest of the verses to "Love At Home" I found them by listening to "History of the Hymns" on the Mormon Channel:

Anger cools and pressures cease, When There's Love At Home
Children learn to live in peace, When There's Love At Home
Courage to reach out in grace, meet a stranger face to face
Find a reconciling place, When There's Love At Home
There's no question you can't ask, When There's Love At Home
There is strength for EVERY task, When There's Love At Home
Sharing joy in work or play, Confidence To Face The Day,
Knowing Love will find a way, When There's Love At Home
Jesus show they mercy mine, Then, There's Love At Home
Sweetly whisper 'I Am Thine' Then, There's Love At Home
Source Of Love, Thy Cheering Light, Far Exceeds The Sun, So Bright
Can Dispell The Gloom Of Night, Then, There's Love At Home

Pretty neat, isn't it? I'm glad to hear about your sacrament meeting. I had a pretty special one yesterday, too. We had our investigator, Wiliane, at church, which hasn't happened in a while. And Sister Silva gave a talk on service. I may have said this already, but she served a mission in Campinas, and was trained by my teacher in the MTC, Sister Tirrell. She shared an experience about when her companion served her. Afterward we sang, "Tal Como Um Facho" ("The Spirit of God" in Portuguese). But the title more literally translates to, "As a Pillar of Fire." I teared up and cried. And the closing hymn was, "Famílias Poderão Ser Eternas" or "Families Can Be Together Forever." I Love our ward. An Irmã joked saying, "Élder, are you going to die here?" Because 4 transfers is a long time to stick around in the same area, but I wouldn't mind dying in this Ward.

Please tell Aunt Sandi thank you for the Winnie The Pooh card she gave me :) I Love Our Family.

I'm sorry this isn't longer, too. I am Élder Weaver. I am a Son of God. I am a missionary in the Great Brasil Vitória Mission.

Love,
Your Son,

Élder Weaver


No comments:

Post a Comment