Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Craziness Of The World Cup!

June 23, 2014

The Mission President Report:
Barbara estava na Igreja uma vez mais! Cleyton, o irmão dela, recebeu o sacerdócio aarônico la também. Vamos trabalhar com eles essa semana para que Cleyton puder batizar ela. Encontramos uma família menos ativa também com uma filha que pode ser batizada!

(Google Translate)

Barbara was in the Church once more! Cleyton, her brother, received the Aaronic Priesthood it too. We will work with them this week to Cleyton can baptize her. We found a less active family also with a daughter who can be baptized!

Also, the mom in the part-member family has cancer and will be going through some treatments this week. I had the opportunity to give her a priesthood blessing. They have a desire to return to Church! The husband works this week and the mom will be having some treatments, but probably the following Sunday they can make it! 


Dear Family & Friends,

I believe it! There are surprisingly a lot of white people here. There isn't one "Brazilian" look. Everything is mixed. There is way more diversity here than I thought there would be. People always go, "Oi Alemão!" (Hey German!) to me, haha. I Love This Place.

Ahhhwww! I'm glad you got to eat your Costco..."TRadition...TRADITION!" Sorry, my District Leader, Elder Strebe and I were singing music from "Fiddler On The Roof" this week and your cake reminded me of that part! :) Yeah, it sounds like Levi extended, you're right. Normally you go home a few weeks or a month earlier.
I have been receiving emails from Ashley! But most of my time is spent emailing President and you guys, so unfortunately I'm not so diligent about reading her emails home, but I will try this week. That's okay if you repeat! We Both Love You!! :)

Italian is very similar to Portuguese, so that would be kind of sweet to go there. Also, I think they've started on the temple in Rome. Or you could go to England and listen to the delicious voices of Elton John, Ed Sheeran, and Ellie Goulding. That's a tough one. Or you could go to Australia! I really loved it there. But that is so nice of Cathy to do for you. She as always used her positions and abilities to bless other people. As I said before, going to the temple with her before my mission was one of my best preparations.

I Love That Talk! Especially that part where he says, "I testify with my own grandfather who said simply enough, 'A wicked man could not write such a book as this. And no good man WOULD write it unless he were commanded by God to do so.'" I will continue praying for Paula. Visiting her is so helpful to missionary work! Thank you for your help. You will be so blessed for doing so.

Unfortunately I don't know what sungas are yet, I'll ask my companion.  Sorry this is short, but I will try and save time to send pictures!!!  Thank you for your thoughts on The Advocate and His Expiação.

Your closing remarks remind me of something I heard in the MTC. I keep it in a notebook called "My Small Plates" as Nephi said, "On these I write the things of my soul..." But anyway someone in that sacred place said, "A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for." From then on I have learned about how we are meant to voyage towards the Promised Land the Lord has in store for us.

Guys, You are The BEST!

Love,


Élder Weaver


No comments:

Post a Comment