Monday, June 2, 2014

My Companion Is Hilarious!

June 2, 2014

Dear Family & Friends,

The Brief Report to the President:

Samuel e Melissa estavam na Igreja! Eles dois não têm mais do que 15 anos, então vamos ensinar as famílias deles mais que eles podem estar na Igreja e ser batizados também!

(Google Translation)

Samuel and Melissa were in the Church! They both have more than 15 years, so let's teach their families more than they can be in church and be baptized too!

It's been great here! I won't lie! My companion is hilarious! Oh, that's too bad about your allergies :( You should spend some time by the beach...that's what I do. The saline will clear your sinuses. Also, I don't think the plants that cause my allergies grow here...they have other plants with names I can't pronounce. I'm glad Allison was able to help you out. She’s a doll, isn't she? Also, if you continue to have problems that medical nose spray stuff that smells like flowers helped me a lot. Yeah, I get your drift ;)...Hey thanks for the package. I'll let you know when I get it. I got a package the other day from Elder Reinhardt's family. It was really sweet of them. They sent it December 31st and it got to me this week! Hahaha, Brasil...

I'm glad Moxie is finally away. Haha. Yeah Butter is an old dog with new tricks.

That's a bummer about Dad's new boss :( I was reading in the missionary handbook today about leaders. It says in there that the job of a good leader is not just to supervise or merely motivate...it is to uplift and edify others, too. I know Dad will do well, He always does.

Yes! Last transfer we started working in the area of Praia de Carapebus. It's close to the beach, so a lot of the people are very friendly. We met this one guy Ubiratan...he is the man. Like literally. He works as a security guard at an elementary school, he's super buff, he surfs, and in his free time his wife says he saves the little baby turtles that wash up on the shore. We've been teaching him, his wife, Tute, and Leticia the daughter. It's hard to get them to church (our area is about 30-40 minutes from the church by Ônibus). But I would love to see that family in white soon.

We have been so blessed. One of the talks that I quote a lot, because it is sacred to me, "I Will Not Fail Thee, Nor Forsake Thee" by our beloved Prophet President Thomas S. Monson talks about this. I love the story of Brother Brems and with Him I say, "Heavenly Father has been so good to me."  Thanks for that quote! It is a personal relationship we have with Him. The Remington's will Thank You. President sent me a nice email today saying that I'm a good missionary :)

Eu amo todos vocês. Eu penso em ti, eu espero que eu possa ser digno de seu amor. Fique tranquilo, O Senhor já venceu o mundo.

(Google Translation)

I love you all. I think of you, I hope I can be worthy of your love. Rest assured, The Lord has conquered the world.

Com Amor,


Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment