Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy 2014!

January 6, 2014

Re: Happy 2014!

Dear Family & Friends,

I'm glad to hear your week was stellar. I returned that Epi-Pen because it was expired I believe, but I still have 2, no worries :). But please don't throw that one away. I think it's mine from Australia. That reminds me...I got a really nice email from Jake. I'll have to forward it to you. New Year's Eve was straight crazy! We weren't allowed to proselyte after 8:00 pm.  I think because of the crazies, so my companion and the other 2 Elders that I live with went out for Açai (It's berry’s frozen with ice cream and a bunch of other stuff, it's way good). We took pictures, which I'll send. I hope you got my others? Also, we started talking to the lady working and now she's one of our investigators! Muito bom! I'm glad the Guymon's said Hi! Please tell them I love them! They are the family I had Thanksgiving with in Tennessee.

I'm glad Chelsey and Eric came down! I'm so happy for Ashley :). That's hilarious that I'm baking hot and she's freezing cold, ha ha. I got an adapter for the blow dryer, so we're good, but thank you. The rain stopped shortly after Christmas, I think. Now it's more like Brazil, ha ha. So, it turns out my area includes the beach. A member fed us lunch at a restaurant by the beach it was very...tempting.... but maybe I'll get to see that later ;).

I had a really good talk with my Zone Leader Elder Williams. There are really good missionaries in this mission. I did hear about Jessica! I am so excited for her. I can't wait to find out. Nah, my Christmas package has yet to come. Truck Norris is probably the funniest thing I've heard in a while.  I am excited for Ashley and Allison, too. I think we get the Liahona, but I don't get the Ensign in English.  That sounds like a really great talk. 

I am reminded of the Hymn "God Speed The Right" when I read your comments on The New Year. "If we fail, we fail with glory!" That's true we must always strive. President Monson said, "Sometimes Courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.'"

I Love You All! I've been thinking a lot lately about patience. It is absolutely necessary when you are learning a new language. I was scared at first, but God is the same, no matter what language you speak. There was a lady named Flavia, who said she was grateful that God would send young men from so far away to preach the Gospel to her. She asked me if my mother missed me. I said she did, but she was gladder to see me serving the Lord. God is the Lord over the whole earth. Not just over one nation or language. I am reminded of the words of Enos:

" 11 And after I, Enos, had heard these words, my afaith began to be bunshaken in the Lord; and I cprayed unto him with many longdstrugglings for my brethren, the Lamanites.
 12 And it came to pass that after I had aprayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy bdesires, because of thy faith.
 13 And now behold, this was the desire which I desired of him—that if it should so be, that my people, the Nephites, should fall into transgression, and by any means be adestroyed, and the Lamanites should not be bdestroyed, that the Lord God wouldcpreserve a record of my people, the Nephites; even if it so be by the power of his holy arm, that it might be dbrought forth at some future day unto the Lamanites, that, perhaps, they might beebrought unto salvation—
 14 For at the present our strugglings were avain in restoring them to the true faith. And they swore in their wrath that, if it were possible, they would bdestroy our records and us, and also all the traditions of our fathers.
 15 Wherefore, I knowing that the Lord God was able to apreserveour records, I cried unto him continually, for he had said unto me: Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it.
 16 And I had faith, and I did cry unto God that he wouldapreserve the brecords; and he covenanted with me that he wouldcbring dthem forth unto the Lamanites in his own due time.
 17 And I, Enos, aknew it would be according to the covenant which he had made; wherefore my soul did rest.
 18 And the Lord said unto me: Thy fathers have also required of me this thing; and it shall be done unto them according to their faith; for their faith was like unto thine."

I am honored to preach among the Lamanites, and be a part of fulfilling the covenant that The Lord made with Enos, while he prayed, all day, alone, in a forest for himself and his beloved brethren.

Love,


Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment