Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Work Is Hastening!

January 13, 2014

Re: Hello!

To: Family & Friends,

The work is hastening. They baptize a lot more on average here. President Hinkley had a beautiful quote in one of our training videos where he says you could baptize the whole world and it would mean nothing if your converts do not remain active in the church. Então, we are going to focus efforts on working with the Ward and role-playing with them and helping them create family mission plans.

I am glad Ashley is getting ready to go, and Allison is bringing about the changes in her life that seem appropriate to bring her the most happiness.

You know that line in "Now Let Us Rejoice" that says "...and Earth will appear as the Garden of Eden"? That is sort of what it is like here. The people live in such bad conditions sometime, but nature is so beautiful here. The people always make the most out of what they have.

I look forward to hearing Ashley's talk. I will try and get those pictures to you by this next P-Day, because I promised I would. I wish I could express to Ashley how much joy is in store for her, but I think the best way is for her to discover on her own. She will Love every minute of it, even the hard times. Which doesn't make sense, but that's how it is.

I'm glad Nani is feeling better. I got a letter from Tennessee by the way. Is it from the Guymon's? I couldn't read the handwriting.

I have to go, I'm sorry. We are blessed with an hour to email in this mission. Your comments reminded me of Ether 12:27. Something I realized on my mission is that the Lord actually GIVES us our weaknesses. I used to think weakness was our fault. It's not. It's a gift. And I've been thanking Heavenly Father for my weaknesses because they are opportunities to become strong. The Tender Mercies of The Lord are over all the Earth. So many things happen, if we look for them. Nothing in the book of rules that our Heavenly Father abides by says that He HAS to give us some of the mercies that He does. But He does it, because He Loves Us. I Love You all so much.

I promise You, Mom, that the Lord will bless You and generations will call You blessed for the sacrifice you have made of dedicating 2 of your children to The Lord.

Sempre Amor,


Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment