Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Aparacida's Doing Good, But Hurt Her Leg

Dear Family & Friends,

Aparacida's doing good, but she hurt her leg this week, so she couldn't come to church. Hopefully it heals up this week, but I'm doing good! An Adventure I had this week was my exchange with Elder Rodriguez. He is my new Zone Leader who replaced Elder Williams. He is way sweet! He is from Uruguay, but lives close to the Brazilian border, so he actually knew some Português before the mission. We worked in his area and got to make some new contacts. Then we had ice cream afterwards :)
I'll let you know when I get it. Thanks for sending me things. I know it's expensive :/

Hahaha! I'm glad you caught one! Yeah, I can picture Dad now with the rat. Haha. I hope you catch them all. Yeah, he sure is swell. I think about him often and what he would do if he were here. What he would say to me and help me to be a better missionary. The best I can be.

That's interesting to hear about BYU. It's still my plan to go there, but we'll see how that all works out. I'm glad to hear y'all still feed the missionaries. As missionaries we visit many homes and places where the Spirit of The Lord simply does not dwell. Where it simply cannot dwell. It can visit there for a time to testify to our investigators, but He doesn't linger. Not like He does in Member's homes. You need to understand that when missionaries enter your home, (I hope this is not sacrilegious) it feels like entering the Chapel or even The Temple. It is like stepping from night into day. They don't get that chance very often and just one hour or so a day, maybe. The Bible Dictionary says that only the Home can compare to The Temple in sacredness. I don't get to go to the Temple much as a missionary, but I get to visit the homes of Member's. And to me, that is the next best thing :) And in this setting, with The Spirit of The Lord, we can talk about your friends, your families, and the people in your lives who may benefit from this message.

I'll have to try that bread sometime. I have heard of mini-missions but never knew if they were available in the places I have lived. That is a neat experience about Harris. Thank you for sending that talk to me! I will use it to bless the lives of Brazil.

I read something in Jesus The Christ today, quoting Matthew 8:20, " 20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head."  As followers of Christ we often find ourselves the same way. Missionaries get transferred (sometimes across continents), boundaries realign, new people move in. Our world is in a constant state of flux. But one thing remains the same. If we put The Lord as our First and Great, all-encompassing priority, everything works out for our good. I love you all and think of you often. May the Lord ever watch over you all.

Love,


Élder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment