Monday, July 14, 2014

So, I Got Transferred and In A Place Called Colatina

July 14, 2014

Mission President Report

Manoel foi batizado ontem! Nós vamos confirmar ele no próximo Domingo. Vamos focalizar em encontrar mais novos essa semana.

(Google Translation)

Manoel was baptized yesterday! We will confirm him next Sunday. Let's focus on newer find this week.

Dear Family & Friends,

Yay! We had a baptism. Preach My Gospel says, "The attitude you have toward your mission experience is a reflection of your love toward your Heavenly Father and His Son and your respect for the priesthood."

So, I got transferred. I'm in a place called Colatina. After almost 7 months in my first area of Brasil, I really came to Love that ward. I hope I left it off better than I found it. Here, Colatina is a branch, but it's as big as a ward. If there were a stake here or nearby, we would be a ward. The Church building is awesome! It's two stories, and the Chapel is on the second floor! Sacrament Meeting is last which is kind of weird. The city is set on a series of hills and mountains but is divided in the middle by a large river. We live close to the river. Some of the streets have cobblestone... COBBLESTONE! "I repeat things for emphasis...EMPHASIS!"

Haha, Oh Drake & Josh. I'll take some pictures this week to send to all of you. Our city has a Jesus statue that looks like a mini-version of the one in Rio.  Yeah, we lost :´( But Brasil still has won more World Cups than any other nation ;) 5-Time Champion BABY! But I was glad Argentina didn't win because Brasil would have been morbidly depressed if they had, haha. Brasil and Argentina don't exactly get along very well.

YAYYYYY! I'm glad you got the job you were looking for! :) We do appreciate your help! We cannot do it without you and Dad.  And hey, I know you guys want me to save my money, but please, use all of the money I saved up for my mission. I want nothing left in that bank account when I come home. That might sound crazy, but I want it all to go to my mission. I want to contribute as much as I can. All of you can help me with school and life when I get home, but I want to own as much of my mission as I can. The Lord will provide a way for everything. He Always Does. Don't feel bad, but please use it all. You still have access to my savings account, right?! Please...break my bank :)

Wow, your summer is hot. Our winter is so cold...we had a balmy 68 degrees today...we were practically freezing... Yeah, I'm speaking Portuguese. I don't know. Sometimes I forget that I'm not speaking English.

YES! I am so glad you got to go to the House of the Lord for Aunt Tess. I may have told you this already, but that is the first thing I want to do with all of you when I get home. I would like to do ordinances in the Kansas City, Nauvoo, and Portland Temples with all of you. And we will save ourselves with all our dead.

That is interesting you should mention that because today in my personal study I read in Jesus The Christ about Christ's victory over death and evil as He arose from the tomb. Elder Christofferson gave a good talk about this in the last Conference and "Sunday Will Come" by Joseph B. Wirthlin describes the good news of The Resurrection. He Truly Is The Son Of God!

I Love You All,

Your Son, Grandson, Nephew, Brother, and Missionary,

Élder Weaver


P.S. I Love You Butterscotch! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment