Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Things Are Going Great...And One More Transfer

August 25, 2014
Elder Weaver and
new companion Elder Ferreira
Report To Mission President:
Essa semana foi ótima! Eu e Elder Ferreira tivemos muitos contatos e muitos pessoas prometerem ir na Igreja nesse próximo Domingo! A ala deu alguns nomes para nós a visitar também. Eu gosto muito de nosso Distrito e Zona.

(Google Translation)
This week was great! Me and Elder Ferreira had many contacts and many people promise to go into the Church this coming Sunday! The wing gave some names for us to enjoy. I really like our District and Zone.


Dear Family & Friends,

Things are going great...yeah, and one more transfer. Guess what, my last companion, Elder Branco, is now my Zone Leader! haha. I Loved Colatina. I'm in a place called Cariaçica. The ward is way helpful here; the Ward Mission Leader is way on the ball which helps a ton. My companion is Elder Ferreira from São Paulo and this is the first time I have been Senior since the US. We are both new to the area but it's been a lot of fun with him so far. He speaks a little bit of English. So me and my district leader speak English in the apartment so my companion can learn English and then we speak Portuguese in the street which is a study tool that Preach My Gospel suggests. I live with 4 people again.
Elder Morteson, Elder Slyz,
Elder Ferrera, and Elder Weaver
I'm sorry, I'm still waiting to hear from President Young about BYU. I'll start applying and using my school websites as soon as I'm authorized.

I'm glad to hear they're moving in. Try not to get rid of too many things. It will help Nani to hold on to at least a few memories. Use Allison. She will know what to keep back and what to move in.

YAY! I'm glad to hear they got to go fishing! It's been so long. I hope Linda has been able to help get everything set up. She is really good about that.

We had a really sweet activity at the Church last night where RM’s from the stake bore their testimonies and shared stories from their missions. It was good for the youth. Also, it was good for us to get references and meet the ward.

Astoria sounds like some European name from a Jane Austen novel. And I would love to visit there with all of you some day. Allison will adjust very well to school and if anyone asks her out again I'll have words with Dad. She needs to go to school where she can meet some RM Jean Valjean Captain Moroni guy.

I will continue to pray for Josh, and I am happy that the tumors are reducing in size.

I love Enos. I use his story with my investigators. And he left a big impact for such a short book.  Conversion is more of a process than a single "a-hah!" It happens "somewhere along the way" But it is strong. Some major events included reading and praying about The Book of Mormon for the first time, deciding to go to Running Start and leave the wickedness of nasty, crusty Babylon to rot itself out, and going through Scouting events. These are just a few. But I found out for myself line upon line precept upon precept. And I know. Beyond any doubt these things are true.

I am grateful you look to me as an example. But I do not like taking credit. The Savior is our greatest foothold. We cannot do our own will. I just want to do The Will Of THE LORD.  You and Dad were OUR missionaries. And Ashley, Allison, and I were your investigators. We first learned the gospel in this life from you two. Also, in a sense, Elder Holland says that we are Gods investigators. And He is our great missionary.  We have been born as Nephi of old, to goodly parents who Love THE LORD...And we ARE NOW the Lord's missionaries. We'll Bring The World His Truth.

Love Eternal,


Elder Weaver

Map of Santa Fe Area of Cariaçica

No comments:

Post a Comment