Tuesday, August 5, 2014

We Had To Drop A Lot Of People This Week And Focusing On Finding

August 4, 2014

Our District
The Sisters with my companion
being a goofball!
Dear Family & Friends,

Thank You so much! Yes, I got everything in the package. I revealed many of the photos you sent so I could keep them forever. I'm glad to hear Chris will take it slow, and I hope his hand (and heart) feel better soon. Congrats on the mission calls! The Lord loves the help. YESSSS! The Giver. The long awaited day is coming. I hope they don't mess it all up. But I will be anxious to see it, too!

We had to drop a lot of people this week so we're focusing on finding again, but I would like to work more with the members to obtain references. My companion and I have been talking about how our work can be more effective.

That would be great to get an additional set of missionaries! It's always great having a set of Sisters because often they can get into homes that we can't. My first area had both Elders and Sisters and right now the branch has both as well, but our area is huge so they work on one side of the river and we work on the other.

I have so much to tell you all when I get home it's not even funny!
Yeah, we walk about 30 minutes to the Church, but we don't use the bus. I LOVE IT! We save so much money and the church is wayyyy closer. I remember walking an hour and a half sometimes to get to church, and feeling bad that we couldn't be teaching someone during the time we were walking.

Hahaha, the mission office. I never go there. We don't get delivery mail in this mission. So what happens is once a month our Zone Leaders will give our mail to us in a meeting, if we have any. 

No, I haven't had that many weird things, just fruits that I had never had like Guava and Bread Fruit. Sweet potatoes and yams are white, not orange here, which is kind of weird. But talking of food, I had a question. I want to make an apple crisp like you used to. It doesn't need to be a pie or super fancy; I just want to know if you could send me a simple recipe? We have flour, sugar, and oatmeal at the house but I can buy cinnamon for pretty cheap and milk, and oil. That would be great thanks!

No, the Sisters will print the idea for the t-shirts today and we might get them printed after District Meeting on Thursday. I'll send you a picture of the idea.
The picture idea for the t-shirts
I Love the thunder. If you have a minute check out the song "It's Thunder and It's Lightning" by a band called "We Were Promised Jetpacks" it complements the storm quite nicely. Hahaha! I can't believe I remembered all of those names?! I've still got it! ;)

Best of Luck with Allison, I know she'll know her track soon. It really doesn't matter which one she gets. If she's in school when I get home, I can walk to Idaho, haha.

I really haven't but I sent an email to President today saying how I would Love to meet with him. We'll see how it goes. He'll probably give me a call later today.

AWWWWWWwwwwww CATHY! I Love YOU!!! I laughed really hard at that picture of you and Allison on the couch. I hope the house comes along soon! Keep smiling and I hope you fly safe!
Love, Me :)

Hi BUTTERSCOTCH! I Love YOU WHOSE A GOOD BOY?!?!?!

I remember a scene from the Joseph Smith movie, as Joseph Smith Senior lay sick the prophet told him, "You will always be his father, and Alvin will always be your son."

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all Eternity. As Famílias Poderão Ser Eternas.
More to follow.

I Love Thee All,


Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment