Monday, April 6, 2015

Conference Was Sweet!

April 6, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

Mission President Letter
Elder Couto e eu somos muitos gratos trabalhar aqui! Essa semana a gente achou um abrigo com bastante jovens com potencial serem batizados. Um já tem data, Afonso, e os outros vamos continuar ensinar e ajudar. Obrigado por tudo.

Google Translation
Elder Couto and I are many grateful to work here! This week we found a shelter with very young people with potential to be baptized. Have a date, Afonso, and the other will continue to teach and help. Thank you for everything.

Conference was sweet! We missed a few talks, but what we saw was awesome! We brought some kids from the orphanage, and the YM President is thinking about adopting one of them.  They talked so much about MARRIAGE!!! Hahahahaha. I came to Conference with a few personal questions of things I want to improve in my life and they were all answered.

Woah. Sounds like a hassle! Hahaha. Thanks for going through all of the trouble. I will decide all of this stuff when I get home, but I will for sure be there to get Ashley. So, I'll be a freshman taking junior classes?? Cool! I'll talk with student counselor to get this all straightened out when I get home, haha.

YESSS! Tradition...TRADITION!!! Overacting is the best! Speaking of old movies I wanna watch Casablanca in Portuguese when I get back to practice up my foreign tongue. I still need to watch Ben-Hur all of the way through as well.

I am glad you will get to be with friends again!

"But then she said she can't believe...That genius only comes along in storms of fabled foreign tongues...Dripping eyes and flooded lungs. Northern Downpour sends its Love!"

Also, I've been having crazy dreams. I had a dream the other night that I was back home but I couldn't be released for another week because President Wilder was on vacation!! Hahahaha! :)

As for the looking tired, I will give you the full scoop when I get home, To be honest I am very tired, but that is only because I want there to be nothing left when I get home. I want to give it all that I can muster. I want to finish the race with nothing undone. But there is nothing to worry about. I promise everything will be all right. I am eating well. The members are nice here. Today our Ward Mission Leader will show us around town perhaps to look at the beach (but not to go in it) hahaha. We got permission from President to leave our area. Should be cool!

The tall one? That would be Elder Stilson. I am not sure how many feet but he is more than 2 meters tall!!!

Yes, it is cooler here. I Love RIO I know it's not the city, but the state seems really well organized.

Hahaha, thanks Mom. To be honest we wing it a lot of the time! I think I've given about 5 talks throughout my mission. The ole shoot from the hip!

I still have to listen to President Monson's talk, but I downloaded it. I loved President Packer's talk on "A kiss and a cookie!" It was nice to watch conference this time and understand just about everything that was said in Portuguese. I cried when Sister Burton showed the photos of the Prophets and their spouses.

Thanks for the quotes from President Monson and Mother Teresa. I was reminded of this passage in The Book of Mormon:  
3Nephi 18:24 "Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up--that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed."

He is the light we are to hold up.

I'll eat more Cacau Show!

Love,


Élder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment