Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I Got My Care Package Today!

October 28, 2013

RE:  Letter to home

Ola, Mamae! :) (Love the tie graphic)

Sounds like you had fun with the missionaries and friends. Also, thank you for your care package. I got it today, but I haven't opened it yet. Ha-ha, Attica was there, tiny, but there. Elder Evans and I began to wonder if we hadn't gone back in time. We met a nice man named Marvin who was married to a member. We hope to go back to teach him sometime. We cover a lot of towns like that: Wellington, Argonia, Milan, Attica, Anthony, Harper, Caldwell, Oxford, Honeywell, South Haven, and Bell Plane, to name a few. Yeah, we cover a pretty wide area. We are allotted 1,750 miles to drive each month...and it still comes close.

Sunday School is all right; we only teach it if certain people (recent converts, investigators, etc.) are at Church. We probably get about 30-40 people at Church each Sunday. We have more on the records, but sooo many are less active or moved. Bishop gave us a mondo-ward directory the other day. He has us keep that puppy under lock-and-key. We know people's ages, if they have eligible but un-baptized children, ordinations in the priesthood, and if they have been endowed or not. It's so nice having super specific records.

Yes, we eat very well :) That's quite the goal! We had a goal as a District to find 6 new investigators and I believe we reached it.

I am so glad to hear Ashley has accepted that call to serve. She will do great in the Ward and as a full-time missionary.

That is a testing experience you had at work. That is something I have been thinking a lot about lately. How people twist and misunderstand things all of the time. This last Conference restated a lot of the Truths that never change. Elder Evans and I were studying in the Bible Dictionary the other day, and under Baptism it talks a little bit about how whenever the Gospel has been on the earth in its fullness, the covenants of baptism, and others we take upon ourselves including the Sealing are not new inventions, but are ordinances that have been known and Given of God anciently. I Love that scripture in Alma. Jesus The Christ is also something that has brought me closer to my Savior. I studied 2 Nephi 2 this morning. I Love verse 8:

Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, asave it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who blayeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass thecresurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.”

You are a wonderful missionary! :) Speaking of the resurrection, one talk that Elder Evans and I burnt on a CD that we listen to a lot is called "Sunday Will Come" by Joseph B. Wirthlin. If you haven't heard it in a while, I highly recommend it.  It has brought so much peace to my soul! We have prophets. They are men of God. Thank you for helping me understand and appreciate the sanctity and divinity of womanhood and virtue. I hope I always make you happy that I am your son. Because I am so happy that you are my Mom! :)

Elder Evans and I get to spend Halloween and probably Thanksgiving with Sister Mock because she always feeds us on Thursdays. She is a nice older lady. We can't go out and proselyte at night, so we will probably study with her and play scripture jeopardy, or put puzzles together or something. I hope Your Halloween is fun, too! :)

Amor,


Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment