Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Elder Johnson Has A Lot Of Great Ideas

November 18, 2013

Dear Family & Friends,

Elder Johnson has a lot of ideas and he'll be a great asset to the ward and the work. He's from Dallas, only 15 minutes away from us! He actually took institute from Brother Gambrell as well which I think is kind of funny. No, Elder Johnson was called to the Kansas mission. Elder Holbrook was originally called to the Missouri Independence Mission, but he was reassigned to Kansas when the mission formally came together. I am still in Wellington and I am not cold yet, thank you though. I got a sweater and a jacket if things get dicey. But it's actually been pretty warm still. Whoa! I'm glad Nani's toe is no longer causing her pain. Yes, that sounds like the dream team with Bishop, Dad, and Brother Kahn. By the way could you send me Bishop Jackson's email address, so I can thank him for helping me out so much? Thanks.

Cathy and Nani do a lot for us, I hope they understand how much they are appreciated. Aunt Sandi sent me a letter in the mail the other day with a picture of us at Disneyland :). That seems like so long ago and crazy how time flies. I'm glad Dad always had a Plan. I'm also glad you were able to get away from work.  I Love you; Mom and I love Alma and Amulek. Ammonihah was not exactly an easy area, not that anywhere is, really.

When I was back in Bel-Aire I got to visit with the Gondas, Whalbruchs, Crandalls, and Sister Harris. I was also glad to find out that Sister Beus will be serving in Bel-Aire this transfer. I was worried that after Elder Holbrook left, Sister Harris would fall through the cracks, but I know she is in good hands. Something funny that Sister Sirmans sent me: "The Church is true, the book is blue, and Moroni is on the ball!" That made me smile.
Also, allow me to share with you an email from Elder Wilson back in the MTC:

"Elder Austin Weaver!!

How are ya! Hope you are doing well. Where are ya again? Are you in Brazil Yet?

Anyway, we listened to some Christmas music today and "White Christmas" came on and I thought of you instantly!

Love ya and hope you are doing well!!

Love,
Elder Wilson"

That made me feel really good, too! :) Elder Reinhardt is in Brazil and sent me a picture of a tarantella just chilling on the side of a wall. I almost went into cardiac arrest.

I know I say this a lot, but I really do Love President and Sister Bell. I believe one of the reasons I came to Kansas was to meet them. They just make you want to be better. Jesus is The Christ. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. The Book of Mormon is true.

My almost 3 days with Elder Holbrook was wonderful. I really felt like we were different people and it was nice to see how his training had affected my missionary work and probably the rest of my life. Elder Hudrlik is doing good as well. I made some new friends, and it was good for me to say good-bye to the area. Elder Nichols is hilarious!  Everything happens for a reason.

I Love the song "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief." Sometimes we are this man, and sometimes we are the man giving help. And in reality, we are only serving The Savior.  Another one, "Lead, Kindly Light." This may have become my favorite hymn. Amid the encircling gloom, the Lord is there. Ether 6:5: Sometimes the Lord takes us through the stormy ocean before we get to the Promised Land.

Stay Lovely.

Love,


Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment