Monday, November 4, 2013

I Can Not Believe It Is November Already

November 4, 2013

RE: I Can Not Believe It Is November Already

Dear Family & Friends,

Yea, I got a sweater at Wal-Mart. In fact Elder Evans and I now have dual sweaters :) Comp-Unity, Matching Status!  Also, Elder Holbrook let me take an extra jacket from my last area, so I am set!  I cannot believe it is November already, nice. 

Y'all would Love the members we live with. The Brundages are so nice. Brother Brundage had a son serve in Holland and he lived with members for a while there, so that is why they house missionaries now. Brother Brundage is also the mayor of Argonia and he owns a shop in the basement that services those "items" that Dad recently picked up. He would probably like it down there. That's hilarious that you only got 3 trick or treaters. Peace and quiet this year and sadly, no, we did not have a baptism this week because Katy has still not been to church.  (They have to come at least 2 Sundays before their baptism). Hopefully that will change. That reminds me,

Sister Mocks was so fun. Like I stated in the letter. Also, we listened to the Mormon Music Channel together, and "Homeward Bound" came on. Elder Evans and I totally jammed out. He's been keeping his Visa a secret. Only myself and Elders Chun and Arend know. Funny thing about Elder Chun, he came the transfer after me, and Elder Holbrook and I had to "watch" him while he waited for his new companion. He refers to Elder Holbrook as his "Daycare Daddy!"

I Love our District so much. I know exactly what you mean about hearing other's testimonies just at the right time. When I was in the MTC, I picked up a notebook where I record notes from meetings and other spiritual thoughts, I call them my "small plates". Never fear, we always have things we could improve on. It is not too late.

If you wish to have a habit of holding family scripture, you may still do so. Thank you for all of the times where we DID. I hope I can pass that on to my new family as well. That is a comforting thought. Whenever I am worried because I am inadequate or whatever I am reminded that this is not my work, but the Lord's. He does all the "heavy lifting" as one of my missionary leaders once put it. We are just his hands, like you said.

I have been working like mad to try and get the area down for when I have to take over, or, take the lead I guess in following the Spirit in this Wellington Ward. Our Ward covers most of Sumner and Harper Counties. So, we got a lot of ground to cover. But we're going to find, we're going to teach, and we're going to baptize. That's what we do in this mission, and that's what I'm going to do. Tell Allison everything will be all right. Tudo Bem! She can make it in to BYU-I.

I'm excited to find my new companion. And I'm joyful to hear from Elder Nash of the Seventy as he tours the Mission.  Perseverar Ate O FIM!

ETHER 12 (especially verse 4) - Elder Evans and I have been relying on Faith (fe) a lot lately. After sharing this scripture that Sister Mock showed and read with us, and felt the Spirit that it brought, Lancy, Mario, and Christy all accepted the invitation to be baptized and on a specific date!
Miracles happen AFTER we exercise our faith.

I Love You All!

Elder Weaver



No comments:

Post a Comment