Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I GOT MY VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 25, 2013

Dear Family & Friends,

President Bell called me on the 21st and told me my Visa had arrived that morning! I am so stressed and excited and nervous and joyful, I can't describe it. Everything is so perfect. I Love being a missionary.

Alvin was such a miracle this week. I love The Book of Mormon. Every time I feel angry or upset or sad, The Book of Mormon has the answers I need. The Book of Mormon does not change my circumstances magically for me, but it changes ME to make it through whatever circumstances I may be in.

Yes, we are having Thanksgiving with Sister Mock and her family this week. Isn't she so nice? I would love for all of you to meet these people someday. We are actually a ward, but no you don't need to yell at Bishop Porter or anyone ;).

Sounds like you have quite the plans for Thanksgiving. That is wonderful you will feed the missionaries possibly and their investigators. Brother Maxwell always feeds us and I know those missionaries will never forget you. Please send the family and everyone my Love. (Also, I laughed profusely due to your usage of the terminology: "sketchload"). I LOVE THAT QUOTE. President Snow really knew how to put it, didn't he? I believe Eliza R. Snow was his sister, right? Thank you for sending me that.

Also, YES! I got your package!!! I Love the decorations. I pray that you will forgive me if I don't eat it. It is not because I am not grateful or do not like it, but I think there are a couple of people in the ward and investigators who I could give them to who need them more than I do. One in particular does not have much family or friends in town. I hope you don't mind me giving it to them?

It was nice to read the Church news in there, too. Lead, Kindly Light really is a good one, isn't it?

That's excellent Brent and Sherri got to see Elder Bednar. I Love Him. Tuttle? I may have heard that name around actually. I don't remember meeting her, sorry though.

I am so excited for Ashley!!! I cannot wait to find out. She will do great anywhere.

Thank You for your wishes. I pray that each of us may remember President Monson's "An Attitude of Gratitude" this year and always. I really do Love you all, so much.

So, about the V-word :) I leave on December 16th at around 3:00 PM I believe, more details to come. Elder Johnson is the only other person who knows. I will be sure to send you more pictures after we take them.
A little about my companion: He's hilarious. He's registered with the international thespian society. He has Ciliac's Disease so he can't eat gluten, anything from a cow (including Beef), corn, soy, peanuts...or much of anything really. Actually he can eat quite a bit still, it just makes our dinner appointments exciting, ha ha.

Remember, God Loves You.

Love,

Teu Filho Verdadeiro e Fiel,


Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment